If you use XD, you are stoked. The XD team just added an ‘export to After Effects’ feature that they announced at Adobe Max.
Long story short, it’s pure awesomeness.
I’m usually pretty skeptical about workflows to AE. For example, while the Sketch to AE workflow works, I don’t love it. Feels a little clunky to me. But I’ll take it.
This one, however is pure grass-fed butter. It’s so smooth. And crazy fast.
Here’s what you need to know –
• Select the thing you want to export
• Use the export command in File, Export, After Effects
• Text comes through as editable (yay!)
• Shapes come through as editable parametric (yay!)
• Photos are stored in an easy to find folder
• You can keep adding pieces from XD and they get added as new comps in AE
Long story short, this is a great feature and you should use it. The auto-animate feature in XD looks wonky as heck but that is another topic for another email.
Here’s the link to the Pawstastic UI Kit for XD that you can download for free: https://www.behance.net/gallery/62932019/Pawtastic-UI-Kit-for-Adobe-XD
Watch my fast start video (it’s free) if you’ve never animated your UI projects before: https://uxinmotion.net/fast-start
Put your UI animation into any device with these free drag and drop After Effects templates ( iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Macbook Pro, more): https://uxinmotion.net/templates